RE: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: RE: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:13:33 -0500
Funny you should mention the laser corrective surgery.  Only recently have I
actually even considered this alternative.  I must admit I'm not sure I want
to throw the dice on possibly forfeiting my eyesight at 49. However, it's
very frustrating when I need to see closeup.  For example, working inside
the computer or under the dash of the car, etc.  I find it amusing that your
friend did it one eye at a time! Ha! Ha!  I guess that's one approach.

BTW:  What was the total cost of the surgery?

RonS

Garth said:

<Ron:

Well, a friend of mine celebrated his fortieth birthday by having laser
surgery on both eyes (one at a time, just in case the first one doesn't
"take" for some reason, at least they haven't buggered up both eyes).  He
now has 20/20 in both eyes, and loves it.

While I can afford it, I *can't* bear the thought of someone slicing open my
eye(s) with a laser...  I'll stick to my (relatively lightweight and
unobtrusive) glasses.

Garth>