[OM] T32 Diffuser (was List status)

Subject: [OM] T32 Diffuser (was List status)
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:18:55 -0800
I have the Soften T32 Diffuser (actaully 2 of them) and the OM diffuser.  I
can't tell if
there is much difference between them on  rather close up table top product
photography
where I use both diffusers with multiple T32s.  However I really like using a
white shoot
thru umbrella (Larson's are excellent) for really good overall diffusion on a
T32. The only
time I would opt for the Soften or Oly slide on diffuser is when I'm using
multiple flashes
to light a very small area. Sometimes I will use them in combination with the
shoot-thrus.
If some one really wants some really good overall diffusion for the T32 I would
certainly
try even an inexpensive shoot thru umbrella.  If you need to hand hold the
camera and can't
use a lightstand for the umbrella, there is a very inexpensive Sigelite flash
bracket with
an umbrella holder that will work.  I picked up a very small shoot thru
umbrella at a video
supply for $10.00 which (is cheaply made) but works quite well and practically
weighs in at
nothing. It just seems that the nylon (or whatever) shoot thru material just
does a much
better diffusion on the T32 (or any flash for that matter) than hard plastic.

Phillip Franklin