RE: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: RE: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: "Ron Spolarich" <caesar2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 20:13:52 -0500
I guess that's not tooooo bad a price except I can think of better things to
do with 3K.  I'm afraid my financial situation doesn't permit that much
discretionary expenditures.  Not with the last daughter about to enter
college.

RonS

Rand E said:

<Ron,
  Here in my area of the US (Baltimore-Washington,DC) they advertise
both eyes done for $2,995.  You drive in and an hour later YOU drive
home, and they guarantee 20/20 results.  In most cases, including yours
(and mine), they only use the laser on the top layer of cells.  These
later fall off and the new layer below has the proper curvature for
20/20 vision.  This is a layman's description on the basis of the video
tapes they play in their waiting rooms.
Rand E.>