Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 17:12:57 -0800
Whining and whinging and very little help follows.

I have been wearing progressive glasses for a few years now
and have mixed feelings.  They work fine for being able to see
the small frame counter in the OM's and fiddling around with
this and that.  The problem is getting close to the viewfinder
and seeing the whole frame at once.  Eye cups make things worse,
I use a very soft one that works better.
I have thought of contacts and keeping a pair of reading glasses
with me on a neck strap for when needed.
I don't know if the distance correction lenses would help focusing or not.
Without the glasses I have trouble focusing on the matte part of
the screen.  The microprism and split image seem to be ok.
It is a pain too flip up the glasses when framing and focusing.
Maybe the new progressive contacts are the answer.  ($$$$).

Charlie L.
PS: These glasses cause other problems not the least being
unable to judge where to put my foot on a ledge while hiking
on cliffs.  I am looking forward and then quickly down and
things get a little off.