Re: [OM] My name is Tom....and I'm a Zuikoholic....(LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] My name is Tom....and I'm a Zuikoholic....(LONG)
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 12:05:42 +0100
: I'd also love advice on what to keep, what to sell, but the light/heavy may
: tell that.  Oh, can't forget, a third, 'for the kids', indestructable set.

Bodies for yourself: keep both 4T's AND the 4. Three cameras is not too much,
they
have everything you could possibly want and it is a big plus to have three
cameras
with identical user interface. Once you've tasted multispot metering you will
never want anthing else. Also keep one OM-1 as a mechanical backup for cold
conditions. Sell every other professional model.

Bodies for your kids, keep both G's and the 10FC as a spare in case they drop
one
which it possibly won't survive.

Lenses: there are some duplicates, but since you wish to put two kits for
yourself
(light and heavy) and two kits for your two kids :-0 this isn't a problem. So
the
only real duplicates are two 50/1.8 lenses and trying to sell these hardly is
worth the effort. DON'T sell the 300mm/F4.5!

Flashes: three for yourself (F280, T32, T20) and one T20 for each kid, don't
sell
one.

Motor Drives / Winders: hard to give advice here. You're in the position of
keeping a Motor Drive or Winder on each of the bodies you keep for yourself and
for the kids. They don't just allow faster action, they also give a much
improved
grip and balance, especially when holding the camera vertically, with heavy
lenses
and flash. I would keep the lot.

Recordata Back: sell the 2 and if you never to plan to use it the 4 too.

The Power Bounce Grip 2 certainly is a keeper.

: Tom----I am a Zuikoholic

Same here ;)

H@nz