Re: [OM] My name is Tom....and I'm a Zuikoholic....(LONG)

Subject: Re: [OM] My name is Tom....and I'm a Zuikoholic....(LONG)
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 05:36:16 -0600
Doris:

Well, that's a tough question, as I like to just carry a camera a shoot what
tickles my fancy.  But...I originally got back into my Olympus because of a
simple need..my kids are into sports and my digital camera was worthless.
The sports vary, basketball (many unique problems), gymnastics, soccer.  For
soccer, I need a long lense, of course.  Basketball at this age is on a very
small court and a flash is not possible so I've been using, surprisingly, my
50 with good results.  I walk up and down faster than they can dribble.

I'm going to experiment with the soccer once the season starts, but its a
pretty small field, so either the 100-200 or the 70-210 (or both, since I
have the bodies) should work.  I'll keep the 200 and 300 until I decide if
either, or both, add value.  Shoot, I even picked up a very cheap (both
price and quality) 500 mirror, but I can't even figure out what I'd do with
it.

For pleasure, I shoot mostly what I would call 'middle distance' landscapes,
meaning interesting things I find in the area.  I suspect some combinations
of the wides will be perfect.  Since I have the 21,24,28 and 35, I'll
experiment, but my gut says the 24 is going to get the most use.  I'd like
to also do some macro work, more for the challenge of never having done it,
but I need to snap up (or trade for) a decent macro lens.

Not too helpful, but my approach to photography is too shoot, shoot, shoot,
run a lot of rolls and see what happens.

Thanks to all,

Tom