Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??

Subject: Re: [OM] contact lenses instead of glasses??
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:41:57 EST
There is a real moral argument about permanently making
>one eye the near and one the far prescription...such an alteration is
>irreversable. That might preclude later needing bifocals, but at what
later
>cost??

Susan, the surgens that are considering this have a very poor
understanding of vision, since stereo vision is critical to the
intrepretation of three dimensional space. From my personal experience
of 25+ years of mono-vision, it is very stressful to both the body and
the mind. After I did my 6 months of vision therapy, I found it
extremely relaxing to have stereo vision. Dr. Greenburg, now retired,
was my therapist. You may have heard of him, since he was pres. of the
virginia optometrical society for a while at least. I'm in Reston, BTW.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright