RE: [OM] Tamron 28-200 Zoom -Reply

Subject: RE: [OM] Tamron 28-200 Zoom -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 11:58:41 -0500
<<My
only complaint is that it tends to move out to the 200mm position as I walk
with it.>>

I also had this problem, it is NOT normal. I think this defect is a common
manufacturing problem. I sent the lens to Tamron and they fixed it under
warranty. I can now walk around all day without the lens creeping out to 200mm.
If you can live without the lens for the standard 6-8 weeks, send that puppy in!
 BTW, these lenses have a long warranty period (~5 years?) another plus. Also
there's a matched close-up lens you can get for this lens. You can get these for
about $10 in new condition. Apparently, they didn't sell well. There used to be
tons of them on eBay. I just did a search on Tamron +close on eBay and there are
4 of them ranging from $3-18 right now. With the close up lens, you've got a one
lens, one body, and one filter combo that will cover most of the opportunities
encountered serendipitously in the field,. Granted, the quality won't be
perfect, but "the best camera is the cameras you've got, the best lens is the
lens mounted to it, and the best film is the film loaded in it."

I've said before, that when I want to travel light or into dangerous conditions,
I leave the 4ti home with the prime Zuiks, and take this Tamron mounted on an
OM-PC.