[OM] RE: Planes and Zuikos...

Subject: [OM] RE: Planes and Zuikos...
From: "Donald MacDonald" <donald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:40:56 -0000
I'll get my OM content in early, so I can feel less guilty. It was a trip
the (then relatively new) RAF Museum at Hendon that finally decided me to go
for an OM1n to replace my Red Zed (Zenith E). The shutter bounce (dark line
down the left of the frame) ruined the shots that weren't wrecked by my
ineptitude working in low light (no flash allowed - no tripods either, I
think).

Anyway, a few years previously I had been an Air Training Corps cadet, we
used to go to Leuchars and Prestwick air displays for Battle of Britain
days. The Starfighters that Barks mentions were at one, I counted 13
roulette passes in their display, which given their reputation was tempting
fate a bit much! Noisy brutes, but not as noisy as the Javelins (remember
those...?).

When I was at University in Edinburgh in the 70s I once stopped on hearing a
familiar noise in the sky; looking up there were two old aircraft crossing
the city. Another chap had stopped, an older man in his fifties, I guess. I
caught his eye and we both smiled. A Hurricane and Spitfire. No mistaking
that Merlin engine. The Hurri was my favourite. Stole my heart very early.
Now to have a shot in one of those... (or even some decent shots OF one of
those - with my OMs, of course (more OM content ;-))).

BTW, what are you guys all taking, I came home to 7 (seven) digests tonight.
No wonder the collective eyesight is on the blink (I wear specs myself...)

    Donald.

PS. - love the ADITL shots; All I took over Hogmanay were liberties.