[OM] adapters

Subject: [OM] adapters
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 06:10:04 -0800 (PST)
======================
I guess it is theoretically possible. The OM has a lens flange to film plane
distance of 46mm while the Pentax thread mount it 45.46mm.  This gives you a
0.54mm space to work with. But I suppose the entire adapter could fit into
the large bayonet mount of the OM.

I thought the question was regarding mounting a screw mount lens
on an OM body.  in this case, the relatively large (compared to
other camera systems) film-to-flange distance of OM works against
you-- the screw mount lens flange is now mounted 46mm + adapter width
away from the film which is greater than 45.46mm.  the OM film-to-flange
distance is well suited for making adapters to go in the other direction,
that is, to adapt a Zuiko to a non-OM body.

Joseph