Re: [OM] fill flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] fill flash question
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 10:58:47 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000, Dirk and Carla Wright wrote:

> It also seems that the electronics of the OM2 series gets in the way of
> creative fill flash. The electronics seem geared more to snap shots than to
> serious portaiture, inmyopion. I was trying to decide whether to use the OM1
> or the OM2 for creative fill flash. I didn't want to bung up my really nice
> OM1 if I could use my "user" OM2 instead. I suppose I could always just use
> the OM2 in manual mode.

   Yes. It ocurred to me that you could buy one of those little flash
block HAMA things that sit between your hotshoe and allow a flash to be
mounted on top  (thus protecting you camera's circuitry), hook its PC cord
to your OM-2n and  use it on auto, AND fool the non-ttl flash into
whatever ISO you wanted. You could work in the auto/reflective mode
that way. The camera's ISO setting would not interface with the flash
or viceversa, and since you would control the aperture (though you'd have
to make sure the shutter speeds don't drift above 1/60th. This, I believe
will let you do what you want to. My advice ? Do it manually...make a
linear dial out of dymo-labels and stick it atop your flash (big, easy
to read numbers).

                                       *= Doris Fang =*