[OM] Zuiko 200 f4 opinions

Subject: [OM] Zuiko 200 f4 opinions
From: "Ranjan Ghosal" <rghos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 12:39:58 PST
Hi all,
just purchased a 200 f4 zuiko, and noticed it is the single coated version. Because of bad weather here, I haven't had the chance to try it out yet, but read in Gary 's lens tests mention that this lens has low contrast. I plan to be using the lens coupled with a 2X-A teleconverter, primarily as a long telephoto for wildlife etc. I know, that makes it a pretty slow (f8) 400 mm telephoto. Any comments/opinions from those of you who have used this lens, or this combination, would be appreciated. Particularly, do you think that pictures taken with this combo on fine-grain film can be successfully enlarged to 8x12 or 11x14 ? Any suggestions for other alternatives that wouldn't break the bank?

Thanks,
Ranjan