[OM] OM1 body - advice requested

Subject: [OM] OM1 body - advice requested
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 20:45:34 -0800

I came across a used OM1 body today in one of our many new and used photo outlets. The body looked to be in good shape with no obvious outward signs of damage or misuse. The shutter [at all speeds] sounded just as sweet as that of my OM4T and I could not see any signs of interior damage.

Are there any list members who might be able to provide an opinion on the OM1 body, whether it has a good reputation for reliability and mechanical soundness, and whether spare parts and pieces are still available should it require servicing and repair work?

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC