[OM] Re: wildflower macro

Subject: [OM] Re: wildflower macro
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:16:37 +0000
Loren Russell wrote:

>What would I gain [or lose] by using a 90 or 100 macro instead of the 50.

You would gain working distance, and the perspective would change. You might
lose the flexibility of a general purpose 50mm lens (if you use it for
general photos too). The longer lens will be bigger and heavier, especially
if it's an f/2 variant. There's really only one way to find out, and that's
to buy (or borrow) a 90macro.

>What are the top three [or 5?] accessories you'd throw in your pockets or
>daypack.

Weston meter, lenshood(s), polariser, +3 close-up lens.

Simon E.