Re: [OM] Re: [OT] OSS etc

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: [OT] OSS etc
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:50:56 -0600
Barks wrote:

> Thanks Emil
>
> My father flew them in WWII; he even dreamt of buying his own about
> 30 years ago - for about £3000!
>
> It is sad that there are no aircraft flying still.
>
> Chris
>
> ~~~~~ ><>
> Chris Barker

I'm impressed.  I always thought the Mosquito was superb and, next to
the Spitfire, the best looking RAF airplane.  None are flying because no
one will trust the glue in a 50+ year old plywood airplane.  A pity.
There may be hope.  The Comet, a twin engine all wood British racing
airplane of quite large size, has been recently replicated and flown.
If someone is willing to tackle that job can the Mosquito be far
behind?  Homebuilders seem willing to tackle almost anything, there is
even a shop that is building the ME 262 and another that is building an
FW-190, full size.

Jerry Liles