Re: [OM] Film advance woes with OM-1n: Please help

Subject: Re: [OM] Film advance woes with OM-1n: Please help
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 15:43:34 -0500
The OM takeup spool is on a clutch, it is supposed to slip a certain amount.
This is because, as the the spool fills up with film and its diameter
changes it has to turn less, to takeup the same amount of film.  With age
and as the clutch fails, it slips too much and allows the film to bunch up
on the takeup side.  Film slips over the sprocket teeth,  is not advanced
afull frame, and you get overlapping.
This may be the problem with your camera.

John
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South La.  Huntington NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 http://www.zuiko.com