Re: [OM] Re: Galen Rowell And His Films

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Galen Rowell And His Films
From: lclark@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:25:47 -0500
In <388F2A0F.4626C82A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 01/26/00 at 09:08 AM,
   george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

>In his outdoor Photographer monthly articles, he seems to make a
>point of taking potshots at Kodak.  Two months ago it was titled
>Ode to Kodachrome" He took 3 swings at Kodak, including saying
>they stole the technology for Ektachrome from Agfa after WWII.

Well, you  see, there are ordinary armathons and there are well-known
and recognized armathons.

Galen Rowell is a well-known and recognized armathon.

Enjoy his work, if you will; just ignore his opinions. It's the same
dilemma one has with Wagner and his anti-Semitism, isn't it?

Of course, you should have responded to him with: "Fuji? Oh? From those
wonderful folks who brought you Pearl Harbor?"

[apologies to Jerry Della Femina]
[apologies to all Irish members if I got the spelling wrong]

les clark / edgewater, new jersey / usa