Re: [OM] Turning comparisons - OT

Subject: Re: [OM] Turning comparisons - OT
From: Acer V <siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:59:30 -0800 (PST)
>> Barks wrote:
>>
>> >On the subject of fuel load/comparisons, for the Summer Fair at RAF
>> >Brüggen in 1998 we raced a Tornado against a TVR Chimaera (British
>> >sports car).
>>
>> They didn't want to race against a superbike? A Yamaha sports bike
>> thoroughly trounced a special edition Subaru Impreza car. Yeah, okay, I
>> concede it was in a bike mag. The only time the Subaru scored was on the
>> brakes. Same thing happened against a 911 turbo years ago.

No fair--almost ANY roadbike will whip ANY road car. A good street legal
bike, IF lauched properly, will accelerate like a CART car...something
along the lines of 0-100kph/62.5mph in 2.5secs. Last generation turbo
Porsche (993TT), AWD, did it in 3.4 or 3.6. Braking however, is quite a
bit trickier <G>. Porssche brakes are things to drool over by themseleves
:) A sweet sight would the glowing-red-hot disc in racing

/AV
--
goosnargh