Re: [OM] Question about reflections

Subject: Re: [OM] Question about reflections
From: wiliam.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 11:07:01 +0100

Olaf Greve wrote:
-----
>I have a question about some nasty reflections I'm getting at times when
>doing night exposures.
[snip]
>Does anyone know what causes this (internal reflections maybe?), and more
>importantly, how to avoid this from happening?
-----

Hello Olaf,

I have come accross this phenomena also. It has nothing to do with photographing
throug double glazed windows or using a filter. It will also occur without
either of them with the normal 1.8/50mm.

I think it is produced by internal reflections, because you can see it happen
everywhere although it is not visible in the viewfinder (or did i really miss
that). If you watch a movie or TV film and see a car driving by night you will
see the exact same thing happen. If the car drives from left to right through
the frame the "ghost-lights" will travel from right lo left. Just watch and see!

Cheers, Wiliam