[OM] 7 mm tube

Subject: [OM] 7 mm tube
From: Robin M Allen <rallen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:09:12 +0200 (EET)
The 7 mm tube has 'auto' stamped on it.  Both the levers move but they do
not spring back into place afterwards.  It appears to me that, in theory,
the springs in the body and the lens can perform the same function as the
springs in the 14 mm extension.  I thought perhaps the thinness of the tube
didnt leave room for springs.  I tried it out on a body and lens in the
shop.  With the lever in one position it behaved like a manual but with it
in another it behaved like an auto.  This didnt make sense, and the shop
assistant and me had no common language so I thought I better consult those
who actually own one of these things before buying it.  I'm just concerned
that it has(d) springs but they are broken(gone).  It is US$45.  They also
have a used telescopic tube for 250 US$ but I had hoped to pay less.

-Robin