[OM] 7mm auto ext tube

Subject: [OM] 7mm auto ext tube
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 10:55:59 -0800
Robin,

The 7mm tube is not auto. But is a manual tube.  As to the 8mm Sigma Lens, well
the price is
good assuming it is in good working order with no signs of damage and is very
clean.  New
they were about $679.00 US.  However I think Sigma is no longer making it for
an OM mount.
As to the quality of a new one .... well I used the Nikon mount lens quite a
bit on a Nikon
N90s body.  And I would rate it as very soft, especially on the edges.
Obviously the only
thing I use it for is spherical VR photography which will always be viewed on a
computer at
no more than 72 dpi.  So it is just ok for that.  As far as using it for print
work ....
well it's not very good. I really don't know why someone may want a spherical
lens for print
work in the first place.  Keep in mind that this Sigma is probably softer than
any other
quality lens.  If you are used to Zuiko quality you will not be too impressed
with this
lens.

Phillip Franklin