Re: [OM][OT] Re: language

Subject: Re: [OM][OT] Re: language
From: Charles Packard <packardc@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:20:47 -0600
I'll agree with you on the Michigan accents. Several years ago, I had a
neighbor that every Saturday morning was outside "warrishing her caaa".
However being a born and raised southerner (without an accent),  I take
exception to your belief that "dog" in southern speak is a three syllable word.
"Dog" has only one syllable, most of us just stretch it out a might.
Ya'll take care now, ya' hear?

<snip>