Re: [OM] OM - RIP

Subject: Re: [OM] OM - RIP
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 21:51:28 EST
In a message dated 1/31/00 7:39:00 PM Central Standard Time,
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Well, I talked to my local dealer tonight, and he said that Olympus is no
>  longer making the OM system and that once remaining stock is gone, there
>  will be no more.

Dirk,

I've heard the same thing, almost verbatim, for about 8 years from every
store in Dallas. I used to make it a habit to ask about the OM system with
every visit to a camera store. The response was always, " once the stock is
gone, there will be no more." One other wise very good camera store in Dallas
did not realize that Oly had released two new cameras and three lenses in the
'90's until about three months ago. To convince them, I had to bring my OM
2000 and 3Ti brochure for them to see! But, at some time the above statement
will be correct. I just hope it isn't now. Gary Faulkenberry