Re: [OM] OM - RIP

Subject: Re: [OM] OM - RIP
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 07:49:10 EST
>Dirk,
>
>I've heard the same thing, almost verbatim, for about 8 years from
every
>store in Dallas. I used to make it a habit to ask about the OM system
with
>every visit to a camera store.

My dealer said that the olympus sales rep told him that. He showed me
his price list, and offered to sell me any of that stuff at his cost,
which is approximately what B&H Photo charges. Something that is
puzzling about this, are the prices Olympus is charging for new stuff.
They are approxiamtely the same, lens to lens, as Nikon. If Olympus
really wanted to get out of the OM line, you'd think they'd make a deal
with B&H to buy the remaining stock and let them close it out. I mean,
how much space does the OM line take up in a warehouse? Not much, I
would assume. My dealer said that he only stocks the P+S olympus
cameras because that's all anyone wants to buy anymore. He was willing
to order any of the OM system for me if I wanted it.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright