Re: [OM] 35mm focal length

Subject: Re: [OM] 35mm focal length
From: "Ulf Westerberg" <ulf.westerberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:32:35 +0100
My not-so-far-away-in-time fellow country man Ken Noiton wrote:

>I'd say that every lens has its "schtick" and in the case of the 35/2, it
>ain't necessarily wide open.  But with specs like these from 5.6-16, who
>cares!  I wouldn't bother using the lens for wide-open shots, but I'd kill
>to have a lens like that for landscapes.

It IS a killer. Very slight underexposure on Velvia (btw, it's Kodachrome that
looks funny when you're used to Fuji!) and at these apertures there really is
sharpness and contrast to die for. And this at only 240 grams and a very fair
price (used).

cheers
Ulf Westerberg
Nature- and Travel Photography at www.start.at/westerberg