Re: [OM] Copying Art - need help quick

Subject: Re: [OM] Copying Art - need help quick
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 18:14:55 +0800
Hi Barry,

There are lots of suggestions already given by other list member, but
I would like to add some with my limited experience. I think it is
better to use a lens with less linear distortion (e.g. 50/3.5 or 100/2
or 2.8). Also the resolution of Zuiko standards at close distance
(around 1:1x) is not so good, you need a lens with close focus
correction, the cheapest one that fit the bill is 50/3.5. The latest
version 50/1.8 (Made in Japan) was tested to have high barrel
distortion by Pop photo.

To get accurate color you need to use flash with daylight film or
tungsten lighting with tungsten film as suggested by other list
members. But for painting, the reflections may be very difficult to
deal with, you may need polarizes as suggested by Phillip, but it is
too difficult for me to think about the setup.

I have used single flash (at 45 degrees and 6 feet from the object)
and 50/3.5 to shoot some ceramic plate photos of around 11x14" and get
quite good result (with incident flash meter), but painting may be
more difficult.

C.H.Ling