RE: [OM] Copying Art - need help quick

Subject: RE: [OM] Copying Art - need help quick
From: "Harridge, Wayne" <Wayne.Harridge@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 19:06:29 +0800
Phillip wrote:

> Take about eight - one degree (spot) readings over the
> surface of the work. Try mixing
> highlights and shadows.  Keep adjusting the strobes (by
> moving or adjusting power settings
> until you get at least 6 readings across within 1/3 stop (ok
> 4 readings since it's your
> first time).  (Hey I once got 8 readings within a 1/10 stop).

I don't see how you will get spot readings within 1/3 stop over the whole
surface of the work unless the work is the same reflectance (or almost) all
over.  Do you mean substitute a grey card at the position the work will
occupy ?  I presume the intent is to have the work lit evenly ?

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/