Re: [OM] OM=Japanese Leica???

Subject: Re: [OM] OM=Japanese Leica???
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:44:27 EST
>After reading all of these "OM-RIP" messages, the thought kept going
>through my head about comparing Leica to OM. I was thinking in terms
of
>an "old" camera design persisting in the market in a similar way to
>Leica M. But, without a cult status similar to Leica, I don't think
>it's going to happen. Olympus would have to start making lenses on a
>equal footing to Leica, and price them accordingly. Right now, the
>lenses are just about equal to Nikon, and about the same price. There
>also would have to be an exclusiveness to it that the OM system
>currently lacks.

Just to follow up on my previous post, and to deflect any flames
heading my way, I compared Gary's tests of 50mm lenses from several
manufacturers, and the Olympus 50mm/1.4 MC with serial number >
1,000,000 was clearly the best. Why the photodo results don't reflect
this in thier tests of Zuiko lenses, I don't know. Maybe it's time to
start a "Ronin OM" cult??? <g>

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright