Re: [OM] handheld spot meter

Subject: Re: [OM] handheld spot meter
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:12:11 -0800
Dirk;

I use the Pentax Digital Spotmeter with my 4x5 equipment. (I also carry
an OM-2SP and a 200/5 as a backup meter that can take pictures.)

The PDS is a one degree spotmeter. Ie, it meters a very small portion of
the FOV. This allows a very accurate reading of very small areas. It's
reading is appx the same size as my OM-2sp or OM-4T with a 200 mm lens
aboard. Of course, the PDS is a lot lighter.

The way I use it is similar to OM-4T multi-spot, except my remaining
functioning neurons do the calculations. The sensitivity goes down to EV
1, which is useful down to a while after sunset. It equals at 100ASA,
F/2 at 1 sec.

In short, it is a fine substitute for an OM-4, but it can't take
pictures.