[OM] Zuiko vs. Leica

Subject: [OM] Zuiko vs. Leica
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 12:47:45 -0800 (PST)
==============================
an "old" camera design persisting in the market in a similar way to
Leica M. But, without a cult status similar to Leica, I don't think
it's going to happen. Olympus would have to start making lenses on a
equal footing to Leica, and price them accordingly.
===============================

You mean lower the quality and raise the price?  I originally sold
a Leica R3 and some lenses to get an OM outfit when I observed
firsthand a 50/1.8 Zuiko of a friend of mine outperforming the
50/2 Summicron I had, and a 35-70/3.6 Zuiko outperforming the
35-70/3.5 Vario-elmar I had.

Right now, the
lenses are just about equal to Nikon, and about the same price. There
also would have to be an exclusiveness to it that the OM system
currently lacks.

Leica, Nikon, and Canon make the best telephoto lenses of anyone.
Exclusive of teles, Olympus can hold its own with any of those
three.

Joseph