[OM] 50mm comparo

Subject: [OM] 50mm comparo
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 15:58:58 EST
I just created a spreadsheet with Gary's data for the Leitz 50mm/2,
Canon 50mm/1.4, Nikon 50mm/1.2 and Zuiko 50mm/1.4. There are some
charts in the sheet also. It's pretty interesting really. The Zuiko is
the better glass, overall. I took his letter grades and transposed them
to numerical values for the sheet, starting with C-=1, C=2...A+=9. Then
I summed the values for each lens from f2 (Leitz largest opening) to
f16 for center and corner grades. The results are (center, corner):

Leitz: (42, 48) avg = 45
Canon: (48, 45) avg = 46.5
Nikon: (44, 43) avg = 43.5
Zuiko: (51, 47) avg = 49