[OM] OM-1n battery

Subject: [OM] OM-1n battery
From: "Joseph Chen" <chenjoseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 19:24:34 PST
I'm new to this list, but have shot on and off with OM-2n and OM-4 equipment for a number of years. I have particularly found that the extensive flash options and OTF metering invaluable for the medical applications that I have used the equipment for.

Having two electronic bodies, I had the hankering to get an OM-1n, which I purchased on eBay, and just arrived yesterday. Beautiful mechanicals, but I noticed that the meter consistently read 3 stops too slow.

I put in a new silver oxide cell in a CRIS adapter and the same result, three stops too slow consistently. (as compared to the metering of my c-2020z)

I was getting quite annoyed, but found that on CamTech's site that putting in a 1.5v cell in these cameras normally results in the readings being 3 stops off. Sooooo- I put in a naked ep76 cell and strangely, the meter is right on. I noticed then that the old cell in the camera was a 625A although on a volt-meter its output was only 1.2V. I wonder if the camera had been modified at some point or whether some OM-1ns took 1.5v cells. Does anyone know?

-J