RE: [OM] Questions about light set-ups

Subject: RE: [OM] Questions about light set-ups
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:58:46 +0100
Hi Phillip, Charles, Denton, and others,

Once more, thanks for the replies about these lighting set-ups they are very
useful

> Also buy high quality umbrellas.  They will make more of a difference
> than super expensive optics.

O.k., for now I've saved all the replies regarding this topic. I will
probably give the El Cheapo "approach" (i.e. regular halogen lamps (quartz
lamps?)) a go, as the type I'm talking about are also used as regular lights
for in the living room (actually, that's their primary use ;) ), so I will
probably have to buy some of them anyway. Then, when trying this out I'll
simply not set expectations too high, and will shoot some frames purely for
testing purposes (i.e. for seeing what colour it yields on the pictures),
also, I will see what an 80A filter can do to correct any potential
yellowish cast...

Then, when/if my cash flow improves I'll gradually start building up a more
proper studio set-up, with multiple T-flashes and/or studio lamps, and maybe
even some of these umbrellas, but it sounds like a few thousands of dollars
in total investments, so I guess I'll either have to compromise, or I'll
finally have to become rich ;)

Anyway, the "thoughts" you guys shared with me will be very useful!

Cheers!
Olafo