[OM] New film pressure plate for OM1n MD...

Subject: [OM] New film pressure plate for OM1n MD...
From: "stephen ireland" <stephen_ireland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 12:21:55 GMT
Hi,

My name is Stephen Ireland, I am new to this mailing list.

I wonder if anyone can help me out in finding a new film pressure plate for my OM1n MD. My The plate in my camera at the moment is fine for normal photography, but recently i started taking infrared photos. I have been using Kodak High-speed Infrared film which has no anti-halation layer. This allows mysterious halo effects to be produced. The halo effects are caused by infrared light going through the film and then bouncing of the film pressure plate back into the camera. As many of you know the standard OM1 plate is dimpled. The dimple pattern shows up faintly on the film and is more noticeable on the print.

This is therefore why I am looking for a new, smooth pressure plate. Anyone have any ideas how I might be able to purchase one? Any ideas on the price. (Bear in mind shipping to United Kingdom!)

Thanks

Stephen