Re: [OM] New film pressure plate for OM1n MD...

Subject: Re: [OM] New film pressure plate for OM1n MD...
From: "Dirk Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:09:10 EST
>I wonder if anyone can help me out in finding a new film pressure
plate for
>my OM1n MD. My The plate in my camera at the moment is fine for normal
>photography, but recently i started taking infrared photos. I have
been
>using Kodak High-speed Infrared film which has no anti-halation layer.
This
>allows mysterious halo effects to be produced. The halo effects are
caused
>by infrared light going through the film and then bouncing of the film
>pressure plate back into the camera. As many of you know the standard
OM1
>plate is dimpled. The dimple pattern shows up faintly on the film and
is
>more noticeable on the print.

I've used kodak's HIE in my OM1. I noticed the halos but not the
dimbles. I'll look closer next chance I get. My only suggestion
regarding a plate is modify one on another camera back and use it for
HIE only. I think that if you cover the plate with a material that
absorbs IR, then the halos could be reduced. There is no factory
solution, sorry.

Have you joined the IR mailing list? The IR FAQ may address this also,
I dunno.

Have you tried putting a polyester filter between the film rails behind
the shutter? Many of the 35mm IR shooters do that, it doesn't effect
the dimple problem but lets you use any lens you like without having to
buy IR filters for each one.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright