Re: [OM] camera vibration?

Subject: Re: [OM] camera vibration?
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 10:41:21 EST
In a message dated 2000-02-03 10:22:44 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  noticed that in Gary's lens tests the OM4 gives better test results
 than the OM1. Gary says it's because of the OM1's vibration in
 actuating the diaphram, if I remember correctly. What I'm wondering is
 whether the olympus electronic cameras (OM2, OM4) have less vibration
 overall than the mechanical ones (OM1, OM3,)?  Would this make much
 difference in the sharpness of photos taken in the real world, as
 opposed to the laboratory??

 Be seeing you.

 Dirk Wright

The OM4 does better in tripod/timer applications than the OM1, because it
ALSO releases the diaphragm as well as the mirror in advance of firing the
shutter--the OM1 does not. But in regular, handheld photography both would be
equal in terms of relative vibration.

Alex