Re: [OM] sick OM2SP etc.

Subject: Re: [OM] sick OM2SP etc.
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 11:51:40 EST

> but now I
>  can see the light leak slightly with a fast film (800 ASA) when I allow
>  direct sun into the lens mount.  I see that 'Olympus Guy' is selling OM
>  light seal repair kits and wondered whether anyone has had experience of
> these.

If there is some light leak with lens removed that sneaks past the mirror in
down position through bent? shutter curtains, then the light seal repair kit
wouldn't help at all because it fixes problems with light leak from the rear
of the camera.  The light seal kits (also available through John Hermanson)
are an easy job but time consuming to remove the old foam.

> Are the Beattie screens brighter than the OM 2 series ones (sorry if this is
>  an old chestnut but I couldn't find the info, even in the FAQ)?

I don't have one but reportedly they are about the same. You can get a grid
pattern or a diagonal split image which aren't available through OM.  But I
do know they are more costly.

Warren