Re: [OM] New film pressure plate for OM1n MD...

Subject: Re: [OM] New film pressure plate for OM1n MD...
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 09:22:58 -0800
There is a lot in the archives about this subject.  Briefly, I
discovered this problem myself a few years ago.  I contacted Olympus
America, Pat MacFarlane to be precise.  He was quite helpful and said
"Sure, the factory can make flat pressure plates special order." So he
ordered 6 and 6 months later they showed up and I bought 1.  Sometime
later, someone else tried to buy one from Oly Amer, but apparently the
parts dept could not find them.  Mine was $60.

Moral, if u don't mind paying thru the nose, contact Oly in the UK and
have them special order one.  Don't take no for an answer.

george