Re: [OM] ES-10 scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] ES-10 scanner
From: Barks <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 18:04:22 +0000
I have got an offer to buy an Olympus negative/slide ES-10 scanner.
The seller wants 2000 DKK (c. 275 $) which he claims is half of the new
price here.

I'd like to have a scanner to scan my slides, but I know very little about
scanners.

Is this Olympus model a good one, and is the price fair ?(they are probably
cheaper in the US (we have 25 % VAT here in Denmark)).
Do I need extra software to make it work?

Or should I go for something more expensive to get better quality?
(At the moment I don't want to pay a helluva lot to get such a machine)

Any help and advice is appreciated.

Lars

Lars

I should go for something like the SCSI Minolta Dimage Scan Dual for not much more. It will be faster (SCSI) and better supported than I understand the ES10 to be.

Chris

~~~~~ ><>
Chris Barker
mailto:cmib@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx