Re: [OM] New Thread - OM2000 (new) vs. OM-1 (used)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Thread - OM2000 (new) vs. OM-1 (used)
From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:30:17 -0800
There'll be a lot of debate on this one.  My vote goes to the OM 2000.
You've already got one OM-1. So if you need motor drive capability, you've
got a body that'll do that (the 2000 will not)  The 2000 you buy new, so
theoretically it'll need less of your $$$ to service over the next 5-10
years (yeah, debatable point).  It also has 2 things the OM-1 does not:
Spot meter and shutter and aperture pre-fire on self-timer, and one thing no
other OM body has: multiple-exposure lever.

The 2000 is quite quirky, shutter speed dial on top, rewind button on bottom
and silly Nikon-like way of turning it on.  The worst thing is you must hold
down the shutter elease 1/2 way to meter.  It's cumbersome and too easy to
accidentally trip the shutter.

george

>OK troops. New guy needs some help.
>
>Actually tried to do my homework before exposing my ignorance to the list.
>
>I checked the FAQ's, surveyed the List archives, surfed the web... and
still don't know:

>Which is the better use of limited photo dollars - a OM 2000 (new) or a
OM-1 (used)?