[OM] OM-3, shift lenses, white lenses

Subject: [OM] OM-3, shift lenses, white lenses
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 02:32:00 -0800 (PST)
a couple of folks write:

====================
I think the OM3 has MLU but I am not wealthy enough to know for sure.
====================

no, the OM-3 lacks MLU.  it is basically an OM-1 MD with MLU replaced
by a spotmeter.

================================
When the term "shift" or "perspective control" are used, I always conjured
up images of a mini-view-camera; or in the case of OM, a lens in flexible
bellows that allowed the tilt/shift. However, looking at the eSIF, much to
================================

if a lens is called a shift lens, it will have shift, but no tilt.
Canon makes 3 tilt-shift lenses for EOS.

=========
of all elegant. Where can I see images of them tilted/shifted, and
how/where do they bend from? Also, since each respective lens has an image
=========

you can't because they don't.  they just slide up and down and on some
shuft lenses, laterally as well.

On a side note, any reason the 180/2, 250/2 and 350/2.8 are white?

to absorb less heat in sunlight etc.  with such a large barrel to
absorb, they could get hot enough that expansion and contraction
could cause problems, not to mention oil leaks.

Joseph