Re: [OM] New Thread - OM2000 (new) vs. OM-1 (used)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Thread - OM2000 (new) vs. OM-1 (used)
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:05:55 EST
In a message dated 02/03/2000 5:33:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RBeckric@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> OK troops. New guy needs some help.

Welcome to the list!

>  Actually tried to do my homework before exposing my ignorance to the list.

>  I checked the FAQ's, surveyed the List archives, surfed the web... and
still
> don't know:
>
>  Which is the better use of limited photo dollars - a OM 2000 (new) or a
OM-
> 1 (used)?
>
>  I currently own OM-1 MD's and lenses (and Pen FT* since the 60's), but
know
> nothing
>
>  of the OM2000 (only what I could find and read... which mostly sounded
like
> press releases
>
>  or "pontificator du jour" rather than users). Did note both cameras seem
> be running about
>
>  the same in price. If it's been covered, will someone please direct me; if
> not,  opinions please.

Seeing how you already have OM-1s, you could look at this two ways. By buying
another OM-1 (I would strongly recommend an OM-1n over an OM-1MD), you will
have identical user interfaces on all your cameras. On the other hand, an
OM2000 will give you some additional capabilities (spot metering, 1/125 sec
flash synch and easy double exposures). The OM2000 will also have a warranty.
You may not like the feel of the OM2000, either. They are very light and
"plasticy" Find a place that has an OM2000 in stock and see if you like the
way it feels.

Paul Schings