Re: [OM] pics of shift lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] pics of shift lenses
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 08:44:16 EST
In a message dated 02/04/2000 1:15:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
siddim01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> When the term "shift" or "perspective control" are used, I always conjured
>  up images of a mini-view-camera; or in the case of OM, a lens in flexible
>  bellows that allowed the tilt/shift.

Actually, Olympus prototyped a tilt/shift bellows. There is a picture of it
in the Heiberg book.

>However, looking at the eSIF, much to
>  my surprise, the 35 and 24 Zuiko shifts are very small, compact, and most
>  of all elegant. Where can I see images of them tilted/shifted, and
>  how/where do they bend from?

These lenses dont tilt (bend), they just shift left-right and up-down.

>Also, since each respective lens has an image
>  circle (correct term?) of a lens of shorter focal length, where does that
>  excess go?

Imagine an image circle significantly larger than the 24x36mmm 35mm frame.
Teh shift lens allows you to move the rectangular frame around inside the
image circle.

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings