Re: [OM] First Oly

Subject: Re: [OM] First Oly
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:15:32 +0000
I think Fuji are doing different things in different markets.  A while ago
I bought some Reala here in Ireland that was labled and packaged as just
straight Reala.  A few weeks ago I bought a multi roll pack at Heathrow
airport and it was labeled Superia Reala.  Superia is in smaller letters
and Realla in larger print.

I think this means that here in Europe Fuji have possibly dropped Superia
and replaced it with Reala, at least for iso 100 speed film.

The OLD superia and Realla were differnt films as far as I know so if the
Superia you purchased does not have the word Realla on it is probably just
Superia.

Realla is very fine grained and has saturated colours compared to other
negative films I have tried (except Agfa Ultra 50 - yech).  I don't think
the saturation is exagerated as with Velvia, just very close to reality -
well reds might be slightly pronounced.  My favourite all-round negative
film.

Giles