Re: [OM] pics of shift lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] pics of shift lenses
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 15:15:33 +0000
The shift lenses do not tilt or bend they slide from side to side and up
and own while staying in the same plane relative to the cameras lens mount
as a normal lens.  Stick a glass on a flat surface and slid it
about - like that.

The extra image goes into all that black stuff lining the mirror box.

The big lenses are not really white they are beige.  Don't know why all
the pics show them as white.  They are light coloured to reduce the extent
to which they heat up and expand in length in strong sunlight.  I presume
they are beige because pure white would be very bright and glary in bright
sunshine to look at and would tend to dazzle you a bit.

Giles