[OM] OT Walker Evans

Subject: [OM] OT Walker Evans
From: Morgan Sparks <msparks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 13:45:45 -0500
There's been a flurry of articles on this photographer, and the best
short piece I've read appears in today's New York Times.  It comes the
closest to describing what Evans was getting at, and I encourage all
OM'ers with an interest in American Photography to check it out.  I'm
sure it also appears at nytimes.com

Most know him for his government work in the 30's, but his range is much
broader, and alot of his most interesting work has fallen into obscurity
over the years.  There's mention in the article of how he experimented
with the Polaroid SX-70, in a burst of creativity at the end of his
life.

Morgan Sparks