RE: [OM]Stuff I've found

Subject: RE: [OM]Stuff I've found
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 19:43:04 +0000
At 02:45 2/3/00 , Brian wrote:
>Stopped in Columbus Camera today to do some shopping for list members.

Do you ever go through Cincinnati?  If you do and spend the night there,
take your camera.  Go downtown to the Omni Netherlands hotel after dark.
Go into the hotel part, take the elevator to the 29th floor and look out
the window right next to the elevator (faces south).  An incredible night
view of the southern Cincinnati skyline, Queen's Bridge, and river.

I shot it last summer with my 645 by taking off the lens hood, pressing the
lens ring up against a clean spot on the window, holding very steady for
four seconds and praying I would get something reasonable.  Came out much
better than expected for a "grab shot."  We happened to be staying on the
29th floor and I had returned from my brother's room on the 6th floor after
doing some portraits of him when I saw the night view.

-- John