[OM] High magnification macro lenses

Subject: [OM] High magnification macro lenses
From: Phillip Franklin <pfranklin@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2000 02:13:30 -0800
Alex,

I'm more interested lenses with greater than 1:1 magnification. Comparable OM
lenses are the
38mm macro, 20mm macro. I don't think Canon or Nikon are offering these type
lenses, however
they are still available from Oly.  Also has anyone seen the Macrophotographic
Equipment
PMT-35?  Even with the 80mm macro it will magnify over 10x. The PMT-35 coupled
with the 20mm
will magnify over 16x. I have been able to get 20x using the 20mm + bellows and
a 2x
telecoverter.  The quality is quite remarkable.  I mostly used the 38mm with
bellows when
shooting microprocessors (which I have not done professionally for almost 3
years).  The
Zuiko Macro 20mm/2.0 is one of the most remarkable pieces of glass I have ever
used.
Unfortunately I need to find more things to shoot with it.

So maybe my question should be: are there any lenses beside the Zuiko Macro
38mm/2.8 and
Zuiko Macro 20mm/2.0 in this greater than 1x range. If not then I would suspect
that Oly
will not retire these lenses.  Right now it appears as if they own this market
at these
magnifications. I know of some high power high quality video lenses in this
range can cost
several thousands of dollars.  An again I don't think anything comes close to
the 20mm.

Phillip Franklin