Re: [OM] 2 buy or not 2 buy-OM 1

Subject: Re: [OM] 2 buy or not 2 buy-OM 1
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 11:09:04 +0000
At 14:26 2/6/00 , mzafar_1@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>i,ve been on this list for some time, now i've come across
>an OM-1, very sparingly used, but sans the 'flash hot shoe' & can accept the
>motor drive.the 50mm f1.8 has a little fungus in it, but i guess it can be
>cleaned & looks fantastic. the seller's asking for rupees 4500/-
>that's approx $100. my friend tells me to go in for the modern automatic ones
>since even Oly has stopped all slrs.let me know
>thanx,

By U.S. used market that's a very, very good price for just the body alone.

Olympus has *not* stopped making SLR's.  Olympus has not pursued the SLR
market very much, and has ignored auto-focus.  The current ones are the
OM-3ti (evolution of the OM-1) and OM-4T (evolution of the OM-2), and the
OM-2000 which is an entirely new entry level model.  All take the Zuiko OM
mount lenses.

Olympus still makes lenses too.  The current standard lenses are the 50/1.8
multi-coated which is very sharp and the 50/1.2 multi-coated, also sharp
and much more expensive.  The 50/1.4 and 55/1.2 were dropped some time ago.

-- John