Re: [OM] Other systems

Subject: Re: [OM] Other systems
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 14:00:59 +0000
>Hello, Everyone,
>Here goes heresy.  When I go to Gary's tests, I get nothing when I click
>of "Competing Camera Manufacturer Lenses."  I suppose he hasn't finished
>that part.  From time to time, someone will mention N*k*n or C*n*n.  Who
>generally makes the best glass?

That depends on which tests you believe. If you believe Gary's and I think
Modern (Pop?) Photo tests, then Zuikos are either at the top or very near.
If you believe Photodo web site data, Canon has the sharpest lens of all
(200mm/f1.8), while Leica scores near or at the top on most of thier lenses.

I think there is more to a camera than just good glass. The sharpest lens in
the world ain't worth a damn if the nut behind the camera is completely
unpolished, to ape an old phrase. I got into Olympus via a windfall from a
friend. He found an OM1MD +50/1.8sc +leather case, all near mint, for about
20$ from an estate sale. I found I like the way the camera feels in my hand,
and I love the ergonomics too. To me, it's just langnaippe that the glass is
good.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright